Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Slayer - Reign In Blood (1986)


London Records LONLP34

I didn't come into Slayer via 'Angel of Death' which seems to be the natural route but via 'South of Heaven'. Nick Swan, a kid in my class at school used to make metal tapes for me trying to get me into heavier stuff than the punk rock I was listening to through all of that time. I think it was the words "Cunting Daughters" which got me. I'm deep like that.

This was the second Slayer album I owned. I just had tape dubs for the longest time, upgrading to MiniDisc copies during the late 90's only actually purchasing the CD's from about 2001 onwards.

The vinyl was only bought recently as I saw it cheap. I'm not a massive fan of anything beyond Divine Intervention so had pretty much stopped looking at Slayer sections in record stores but recently started again as I'm going to see them for the fifth or sixth time next month when they play the entirety of Reign In Blood at ATP's I'll Be Your Mirror festival here in London. Melvins are there, too and I'll also get to see Sleep for the first time.

I can't wait.

Don't skip: Angel of Death, Jesus Saves, Criminally Insane, Postmortem, Raining Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment