Monday, April 09, 2012

Big Business - Here Come the Waterworks (2007)


Hydra Head Records ‎– HYH-121 (Promo)

This is the first Big Business release whilst Coady and Jared were also acting as one half of the Melvins. At this point Big Business are still a two piece band, too.
This album was really hard to find in the UK when it was released, so I took the eBay route and ended up with this card-case promo copy when I thought I was buying the proper release.
Case aside, there is no difference whatsoever in the track listing.
The first half is fast, catchy and punky with the second half holding some of the best slow burners these two have ever put out.
Sometime between here and the following EP they added a guitarist into the mix for the first time, which I can understand listening to some of the songs here - as quite how they would recreate them live as a two piece, I just don't understand.

Maybe I need to do some youtube research into some old live sets.

Don't skip: Hands Up, I'll Give You Something to Cry About, Another Beautiful Day in the Pacific Northwest

No comments:

Post a Comment