Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Descendents – Liveage! (1987)


SST Records SST163

This was the Descendents first live LP. You don't get too many live punk rock releases which are must-have pieces, but this is one of them. It's far superior to "Hallraker" offering pretty much a live 'best of' record. Seriously. I mean, every track here is on the Decendents Best of compilation "Somery".

I used to dub songs from Santa Cruz's Streets on Fire 1986 (Although I didn't actually even get that video until about '92) skate video but for some reason never really got around to buying much Descendents stuff until I got this around '96-'97.
The return was spurred on by a friend having his CD on loop constantly and then by chance seeing this in Selectadisc on Berwick Street for a fiver.

Milo sounds absolutely on point throughout. There's little talking through this. I'm not sure if it the chatter is edited but I've always liked to think that they just blasted the set that night and let the songs do the talking.

Don't skip: Silly Girl, Coolidge, Wendy, Suburban Home

No comments:

Post a Comment