Thursday, April 05, 2012

Nirvana - Live at Reading (2009)


DGC ‎– 06025 272 036-7 (6), DGC ‎– 06025 272 036-7(6)

I had this for a while as a soundboard rip bootleg. The sound quality was actually amazing on that. This is missing Love Buzz (Which seems like an odd track to drop) and the More Than A Feeling intro to Smells Like Teen Spirit, not that I'm bothered about that part. It's also missing all of the banter in between which (and in total contrast to my comments on the Descendents Liveage release) I wish they would have kept in.
The songs span all three of Nirvana's albums previewing some early versions of tunes from In Utero.

These guys were gold. It's a shame they don't get more cool points - but I guess a major label, most focus on Kurt's suicide and a ton of kids wearing the tees without owning a record would do that. Whatever - they were solid as fuck in the studio and solid as fuck live. They looked like they were having a laugh for the most part.
This normally gets fired up when I'm on a long drive and usually stays on repeat.
I need to listen to this more.

Don't skip: Tourette's, Territorial Pissings, The Money Will Roll Right In & D-7

No comments:

Post a Comment