Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Melvins - The End (2008)


Enterruption Records 451/500

This is another solid eBay find. I paid a little over the odds for what I would have usually paid for a live record - but I paid way under the odds for what this usually goes for.
On the negative side, the centre hole is so fucking small playing this record is a solid worry - I genuinely fear it will snap as I take it back off of the platter.

The record covers a fairly solid portion of their studio recordings up to that point with songs from Ozma, Houdini, Stag, Honky, The Bootlicker and Hostile Ambient Takeover all making appearances.
Of the songs on there, I've rarely heard Brain Center at Whipples played live and have never seen them in person play it at all. In fact, I think it is the only live recording they've ever released of this song.

The recording is from 2003 and was originally released in 2004 on cassette only which is almost impossible to source for under £100. This is the first vinyl release from 2008. Theres a weird 'Nihilist' version too, which contains an unplayable second record and was limited to forty copies which came out at the same time.

Don't Skip: Night Goat (The bass sound is pretty weak on this and it kind of changes the song - but I like it), Let It All Be, Brain Centre At Whipples.

No comments:

Post a Comment