Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Aphex Twin ‎– Selected Ambient Works Volume II (1994)



Warp Records ‎– WARPLP21LTD 002383 of 10000

Another eBay job. Sadly theres a little bit of water damage to the cover. It's nothing harsh - just the back cover is a bit rippled.

Bought as I am a completist and also as the CD doesn't have the track Stone In Focus on it. I downloaded that song back in the Napster days and finally caved when I saw this going cheap.

I used to always play the CD as I went to sleep after coming home drunk when I still lived with my parents. Maybe I thought it would help me dream? Apparently the album was written by lucid dreaming or some similar Richard James tall tale.

One time, a friend stayed over. I was in bed, boozy and he was wasted sleeping on the floor. He ran off to the toilet and I just left him to it. He returned a few minutes later, got back into his sleeping bag and let me know that the music had sent his stomach gurgling (and not the cheap beers) he was sorry as he'd "just been sick all up the bathroom wall."

...and then came back to bed.

I just told him it wasn't a problem that he'd been sick, but if there was any trace of it I'd kill him.
He got back up.

He actually really got into Aphex Twin a little while later.
Weird.

Don't skip: Stone In Focus, Cliffs, Blue Calx, Lichen

No comments:

Post a Comment